Ingredients for Ginger Beef Stir Fry
0.5 -0.8 lbs. (0.275g) Beef 7.5 ounces (212g) Instant or Dried Noodles
3 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 stp. Brown Sugar
1 Shallot, minced or 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
4-5 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Ginger Thumb, sliced thinly into matchsticks
Optional: 1 Fresh Red Chili, sliced
5-7 Fresh Shiltake Mushrooms, sliced
1 Red Pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 Carrot, sliced
1 Small Head Broccoli, cut into florets
Handful Fresh Basil
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
2-3 tbsp. Coconut Oil or other Vegetable Oil
Stir Fry Sauce:
2/3 cup Chicken Stock or Water Seasoning Powder from the noodle bag
1/3 to ½ tsp. Dried Crushed Chili (chili flakes)
Directions For Ginger Beef Stir Fry
- Slice beef as thinly as you can. Stir the soy sauce and brown sugar (1 tsp.) together and pour over beef. Stir well and set aside to marinate.
- Boil noodles until just under-cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine all Stir-Fry sauce ingredients in a bowl, adding the cornstarch last and whisking to dissolve.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2-3 tbsp. oil and swirl around, then add the shallot, garlic, ginger and fresh chill (if using). Stir-fry 1-2 minutes, then add the beef together with its marinade. Stir-fry 3 minutes, or until beef is lightly cooked. As you stir-fry, add a little stir-fry sauce (2-3 Tbsp.) – just enough to keep ingredients frying nicely.
- Add the carrots and a little more stir-fry sauce if needed. Continue stir-frying 1-2 minutes. Then add mushrooms, broccoli, and red pepper. Stir-fry until vegetables have softened.
- Finally, add the noodles plus all remaining stir-fry sauce. Using 2 utensils gently fry everything together by turning the noodles in the pan. The noodles will absorb most of sauce and finish cooking (4-6 minutes).
- When noodles are cooked and most of the sauce has been absorbed, switch off heat and taste-test. If not salty/flavorful enough, add more fish sauce or soy sauce, add a squeeze fresh lime or lemon juice. Add more chili for more spice.
- Serve noodles in bowls or on plates. Drizzle a little sesame oil over each portion, then garnish with basil leaves and lime wedges. ENJOY!
The easiest stir fry ever! And you can add in your favorite veggies, making this to be the perfect clean-out-the-fridge type meal!